Brand & Business Strategist.
My Sydney Life…
I have spent the past 10 years learning my way through the rollercoaster ride of ups and downs as an online entrepreneur, building my online brand, Sassi Sam. What started out as a seed of an idea in 2005 turned into something much greater than me, and it has been both fun and let’s say challenging.
Working with a small team of passionate professionals we built an innovative online female fashion, pop culture and beauty brand. We linked my brand with some of biggest local and international brands including; Dior, L’Oreal, Givenchy, Guerlain, Burberry, Bvlgari, Warner Bros, Roadshow, Channels 7, 9 and 10, Hachette, and Random House to name but a few. Plus, it gave me the opportunity to work with high profile people such as Miranda Kerr, Jennifer Hawkins, Tara Moss and Megan Gale.
My team and I were one of the very few independent online outlets to gain access to the world of international celebrities on and off the red carpet. Securing exclusive online interviews with high profile celebs such as Sarah Jessica Parker, Vanessa Hudgens, Salma Hayek, Brooklyn Decker, Robert Pattison, Lucy Liu, and Rachael Taylor.
I pride myself on the strength of the brand I created and the vision I showed, becoming one of the first local entrepreneurs to bring an online business in line with overseas trends. My vision, foresight and ability to predict marketing trends allowed me to create a brand that was a source of fashion, beauty and pop culture news hitting over 500,000 visitors per month.
Starting with an online retail store importing my favourite products from the US, when Australia was only just learning how to shop on eBay and wholesalers wouldn’t open accounts for online retailers. This experience led me to dip my toes into learning the ropes of manufacturing products in China, before evolving my brand into an online independent news portal.
My corporate background in media, public relations, branding and marketing in both the government and private sectors, saw me working with; Housing NSW, Sydney Airport, Parramatta City Council, Rockdale Council, the Westfield Group, BT Financial Group, Westpac and Sydney International Motor Show, American Express Platinum Card and Macquarie Bank (hasn’t every Aussie worked for Macquarie?).
I am renowned for my down-to-earth approach, am action oriented and I like to keep my clients accountable, while making sure they are aligned to their true purpose and operating from the heart and soul. I believe, business without heart and soul, isn’t worthy of our time.
- Meeting Oprah, during her visit to Australia, while working behind the scenes for her show at a private celebration at Sydney airport.
- Meeting James Packer and David Gyngall at the Sydney Motor Show for a media function I had organised. In typical ‘Sam style’, I unknowingly greeted them with my shirt buttons undone flashing my bra. Something they didn’t have the courtesy to let me know about. Definitely a moment I’ll never forget.
- Cheering on from the sidelines with my business partner, at our first class of graduating Young Apprentices from Varsity College: they are my inspiration for the future.
- Being flown to Kuala Lumpur as a finalist in the Nuffnang Asia-Pacific Bloggers Awards.
- Sitting in a $2M Ferrari after working with Tara Moss. Who, as the spokesperson, she blew me away with her professionalism… not to mention, her ability to memorise a technical speech, written the night before, with no notes!
- And having fun with Miranda Kerr as she sang me happy birthday backstage at the David Jones Fashion Show.
I am a Graduate of:
- Jonathan Field’s Revolution U Biz Program (2014)
- The School of Social Entrepreneurs (2013)
- Marie Forleo’s B-School (2013)
I’m a passionate health addicted bookworm who lives life holistically from the heart and soul, there’s so much to learn and experience in life, get on the rollercoaster and enjoy the ride!
If I resonate, you can get in touch with me here.